And you can’t celebrate Fourth of July without food! Try some of the TC girls favorite recipes!
Creamy Bacon, Tomato, and Avocado Pasta Salad
Forget boxed pasta salad, this creamy pasta salad with bacon, avocado and tomato will be your go to salad for all of your summer BBQ’s.
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 05 min
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into one inch pieces
- 1/2 pound dried rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- Cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain. Run cold water over the top until the pasta is cooled.
- While your bacon and pasta are cooking, whisk mayonnaise, lemon, salt, garlic powder, pepper and dill together in a bowl.
- Stir cooled pasta, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and reserved bacon into the dressing. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
From Life’s Ambrosia
Red White and Blue Sangria
2 bottles dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc is good)
1 cup triple sec
1/2 cup berry-flavored vodka
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup simple syrup (see tips below)
1 cup blueberries
1 1/2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
1 cup raspberries
1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl or pitcher and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Serve well-chilled with a good scoop of fruit floating in each drink, or serve over ice.
Sangria recipe from Recipe Girl
1 cup unsalted butter, very cold
1/2 cup water
3/4 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 cups blueberries
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon cream
Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
To make the dough, cut the butter into 1-inch cubes and put them in the freezer. Measure the water, dissolve the salt into it and put into the freezer as well. Chill both for about 10 minutes.